Products / Sew Eurodrive / SEW VARIBLOC®, VARIMOT® Variable Speed Gearmotor
SEW VARIBLOC®, VARIMOT® Variable Speed Gearmotor
Product Code: VARIBLOC
The VU and VZ designs of the VARIBLOC® wide V-belt variable speed gearmotors are used with power ranges of up to 45 kW. Typical speed setting ranges are 1:4, 1:6 and 1:8. The U- or Z-shaped power flow and numerous combination possibilities with reduction gear units mean that these speed gearmotors can be supplied in a broad range of designs. They can easily be tailored to the most diverse machine structures.
Combining VARIBLOC® and VARIMOT® variable speed gear units with reduction gear units of all designs in the SEW-EURODRIVE modular concept creates variable speed drives with a low output speed and high output torque. Combining variable speed gearmotors with helical, parallel shaft helical, helical-bevel and helical-worm gear units has proven effective at low speeds.
- For variable speed applications up to 45 kW
- Increased starting torque
- Large permitted overhung loads of the reduction gear units
- Large number of finely spaced gear ratios of the reduction gear unit, depending on size
- Choice of manual or remote speed control
- Intuitive operation
- The foot- and flange-mounted versions can also be used to power machines without a reduction gear unit.
Speed can be adjusted mechanically, e.g. with a handwheel, or electromechanically using a servomotor. Multi-speed motors can be applied for further enlargement of the setting range of variable speed gear units.
Download more useful information about this product below, simply click to download